The airline was founded in 2014 as a single class charter operator and started operations on 12 February 2015 with a flight between Cairo and Jeddah. On 11 July 2015, it started a weekly seasonal service between Zürich and Marsa Alam. On 5 November 2018, it was reported that the German aviation authority had banned FlyEgypt – together with Air Cairo – from operating into Germany. Where it flew on behalf of German tour operators.Due to stricter catering regulations imposed on Egyptian carriers flying to Sharm El Sheikh. Shortly after, major European tour operators Thomas Cook Group and TUI Group. Announced they would no longer maintain contracts with these airlines for the same reason. However, the airline resolved the issue in a few days. FlyEgypt was granted approval to resume services to Germany on 23 December and continues to be in compliance with the new German regulations.
Overview of Egypt Airlines
EgyptAir Express was a regional airline based in Cairo, Egypt. A wholly-owned subsidiary of the state-owned EgyptAir.Established in 2006 to offer passengers increased frequencies on domestic and regional routes through the use of smaller aircraft. The airline had been a member of Star Alliance. Through the membership of its parent company, EgyptAir, since July 2008. On 4 November 2019, it was merged with its parent EgyptAir as part of a restructuring plan.
In October 2007, the Chief Executive Board of Star Alliance voted to accept EgyptAir as a future member. The first airline from an Arab country and the second African one – after South African Airways – to join the airline alliance. In a ceremony held at Cairo International Airport on 11 July 2008. The carrier became the 21st member of this alliance, nine months after it started the joining process. In October 2020, EgyptAir reached an agreement with the government of Ghana to create a Ghanaian national aviation company with investment from both governments. This is a list of destinations served by which as of November 2019. If you brought cheap and best air ticket those contact will our ticket booking agency travelerplanets.com. The list includes terminated destinations some of which were operated as Misr Airwork, Misr Airlines, Misr Air, and United Arab Airlines. For freighter destinations see EgyptAir Cargo and Air Sinai for Tel Aviv service.
Passengers are entitled to the following free baggage allowance on international routes:
- Business- 2 pieces of baggage each with a maximum weight of 32 kg (70 lbs) and maximum dimensions of 158 cm (62 in)
- Economy- 2 pieces of baggage each with a maximum weight of 23 kg (50 lbs) and maximum dimensions of 158 cm (62 in)
Passengers are entitled to the following free baggage allowance on domestic routes:
- Business- 1 piece of baggage with a maximum weight of 32 kg (70 lbs) and maximum dimensions of 158 cm (62 in)
- Economy- 1 piece of baggage with a maximum weight of 23 kg (50 lbs) and maximum dimensions of 158 cm (62 in)
Passengers are subject to the following hand luggage restrictions on international and domestic flights:
- Business- 2 pieces of hand luggage each with a maximum weight of 8 kg and one personal item
- Economy- 1 piece of hand luggage with a maximum weight of 8 kg and one personal item.
Adult and children passengers for International routes
- If you have booked your flight whether on First or Business classes, the number of pieces of checked luggage you are permitted to carry depends on your fare rules.
- Baggage should not exceed 32kgs in weight and 158cms in size.
- You are allowed to carry 2 pieces of hand luggage that do not exceed 8kgs.
- If you booked your flight on Economy Class, the number of pieces of luggage you are allowed to bring depends on your fare rules.
- Baggage should be 23kgs max in weight and 158cms max in size.
- You are also permitted to have only 1 piece of hand baggage with a max weight of 8kgs.
- Your infant is allowed to have on all classes except for USA and Canada flights, 1 piece of luggage that should not exceed 10kgs in weight and 115cms in size, besides having 1 fold-up collapsible stroller.
- Your infant is permitted to have on all classes to/from USA and Canada flights, 1 piece of luggage not exceeding 23kgs in weight and 115cms in size, plus 1 fold-up collapsible stroller.
EgyptAir Extra Baggage
- If you are carrying excess baggage or special items over your free allowance, you need to know what steps you need to take before your flight.
- Please arrive at the airport at least 90 minutes before your flight departure scheduled time as acceptance of carriage is subject to space availability.
- The following table shows extra baggage charges for certain routes and how much does it cost to purchase excess baggage
Higher Value Declaration Luggage
- If you possess baggage that you want to declare high value at check-in, the following set of regulations applies:
- HVD is not accepted as carry-on luggage.
- You need to make arrangements 2 days before your flight departure time through your booking.
- You need to arrive at check-in 4 hours maximum before your flight departure time to verify your luggage objects.
- HVD is only valid for only one stopover, so you need to repay the applicable fees for it whenever you check-in.
- You can fill in the baggage “List of Contents” form to add the items you would like to declare
- HVD is not applicable on Interline flights.
- HVD does not include fragile or perishable items, medication, any kind of food, personal or identification documents, and electronic devices.
- You need to securely lock your luggage
- A maximum amount of SAR15000.74 for the declaration values is only allowed for each passenger and the amount must not be less than SAR5625.28 at the banker’s buyer rate on the traveling day.
- For each declared value, a fee of 10% will be applied on your extra baggage ticket or Electronic Miscellaneous Document. If there are no security services outsourced or provided by EgyptAir, the service will not be applicable.
Carry-on luggage regulations
- You are not allowed to carry certain items as per Aviation authorities’ restrictions.
- If you would like to prevent the seizing of restricted items, you can pack such items within your checked luggage and not within your personal or hand luggage.
- Your confiscated items by airport screening services cannot be refunded.
- You are only allowed to carry particular liquids as cabin baggage after a security check.
Liquids, pastes, and gels items on EgyptAir aircraft
- If you are carrying liquids, pastes, and gels, they must be contained in a max of 100ml holder individually.
- You are only allowed to have 1 re-closable transparent plastic bag not larger than 1 liter that includes all holders.
- If you have liquids filled in more than a 100ml container, it must be packed within your checked-in luggage.
- If you are carrying medications, baby products, or dietary supplements as liquids, pastes or gels, it can be exempted.
EgyptAir Special Services
For passengers traveling with animals
- The airline does not approve of animals’ carriage unless the following conditions apply:
- Dogs and cats are suitably prepared and have a valid health vaccination certificate.
- Your live animal cannot be carried to the final destination as checked-in baggage if you have not made prior reservation with the other carrier.
- You carry enough food for your pets that lasts for the whole flight.
- The custom regulations in the country of transit and destination apply.
- Your free baggage allowance does not include the weight of your pet along with its container and food, thus, an applicable extra baggage rate applies according to each destination.
- Please refer back to the special services page to learn more about animal carriage conditions.
Live animals carriage charges
– You will have to pay the following fees for live animals, not within your free allowance:
- If the baggage weight is up to 23kgs, standard fees of the excess baggage will apply.
- Excluding flights to/from Canada and the USA, you will be charged 1.5x of the standard excess baggage rate.
- If the luggage weight is over 23kgs and reaches 32kgs, you will pay 1.5x of the standard extra luggage rate.
- Excluding flights to/from Canada and the USA, you will be charged at 2x the standard excess luggage rate.
- If the baggage weighs more than 32kgs and makes it to 45kgs, you will pay 2x the standard extra baggage rate.
- Excluding flights to/from Canada and the USA, you will pay 3x of the regular excess baggage rate.
- If the baggage weight is up to 8kgs, standard fees of the extra baggage will apply.
- Excluding flights to/from Canada and the USA, you will be charged 1.5x of the standard excess luggage rate.
- Rates apply according to your flight direction.
Egyptair applies special excess baggage fees to all sports equipment exceeding the free baggage allowance. The following sports equipment can be transported as checked baggage: ammunition, archery equipment, bikes, firearms, fishing equipment, golf equipment, scuba equipment, and skis/snowboards. The following sports equipment must be transported as cargo: tandem bike, hang gliders, kayaks, and surfboards.
How to avoid airline checked baggage fees
You don’t need to pay for checked luggage when you plan ahead. For simplicity’s sake, we will focus on domestic flights (because international flights often include at least one free checked bag) on the six major U.S. airlines: Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta, JetBlue, Southwest, and United Airlines. For any baggage information to contact our ticket booking agency in Dhaka.
Yes, Egyptair’s Web Check-in allows you to check-in between 48 hours and 90 minutes before your flight departs. As a reminder, you will need your travel documents and applicable flight information to complete the online check-in process and access to a printer if you plan to print your boarding pass. Please note that not all airports allow online check-in and others have additional requirements such as printing a boarding pass at the airport of departure. Additional details may be viewed in the Check-In section on www.egyptair.com.
- All passengers using this service must have an e-ticket
- Only passengers on flights operated by Egyptair can use Online Check-in
- You are not a passenger requiring special services (unaccompanied minors, disabled, medicines)
- You are not transporting pets
- You are not traveling with infants
Economy Class Meals
Egyptair meals are included in the price of your ticket. The airline produces over 30,000 meals a day in Cairo at their inflight catering kitchen. Egyptair meals are all classified as Halal, so there is no requirement for passengers to order a special meal for this.
Passengers can order a special meal on Egypt Air services up to 24 hours before departure. Meal options include Diabetic meal, Hindu, Kosher, Seafood, Low Cholesterol/Low Fat, Child Meal, Baby, Vegetarian.The airline cannot guarantee meals and snacks served on board are entirely free from traces of nuts or any allergens.
Business Class Meals
Passengers dining in business class can expect to see two appetizer choices, a salad option, three to four main meal choices (meat, chicken, seafood, and vegetarian). Followed by a cheese and dessert service. Diabetic meal, Hindu, Kosher, Seafood, Low Cholesterol/Low Fat, Child Meal, Baby, Vegetarian. The airline cannot guarantee meals and snacks served on board are entirely free from traces of nuts or any allergens.
Traveler planets officially connected with the aviation industry. We are the sales agent of almost all airlines. People choose us for Air ticket booking, issue, reissue, refund, and other travel information. We always ready to provide service via mail, phone call, website, and social media. We ensure a passenger global standard service and quality at the best price.
As an International travel blog company our clients can book Hotels and Holiday Packages from our website. It’s an open information resource of the aviation and tourism industry. Traveler planets “Travel Blog” helps to find cheap flights and compares airfare deals from hundreds of airlines and travel agencies. Traveler planets is an international Travel Blog and Information resource of all airlines. We represent, lead, and serve the aviation and travel industries.